Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rite of Passage

At some point awhile back I stumbled upon a tutorial for a spa towel wrap. The idea stuck with me and I picked up a towel on clearance for $3.50 about a month ago. Then I tried to find the tutorial again. It turns out that just about every crafter out there has made a towel wrap except me. There are so many tutorials out there that it suddenly seemed like some kind of sewing rite of passage that I had to check off my list.

So, I present to you my first spa wrap!

the elastic at the back...
All it took was a bath towel and about 1/4 yard of fabric. It will, of course, be a Christmas gift. I love this Farmer's Market fabric line by Sandi Henderson, and for whatever reason I really love that it doesn't perfectly match the towel. I can't put my finger on it but something about the shades of green together with that blue...I'm in love. Let's hope I actually give it as a gift and don't keep it for myself.

Oh, and here are a couple of the tutorials I referenced while making it: centsationalgirl.com & colourfulthreads. No need to reinvent the wheel when so many talented bloggers have put together such helpful instructions. But, I will say that it was much easier to secure the elastic and velcro before folding over the top of the towel to create the casing. Just a tip.

If you need to whip up a quick gift, this is your kind of project (or rite of passage, however you want to look at it). Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails